Click here to visit our dedicated website www.derryeastfarmhouse.com
Derry East Has its own tennis court
Our own lake
River running alongside Derry East
One Night is Never Enough
The warmest of traditional Irish welcomes awaits guests at our family farmhouse bed and breakfast here at Derryeast Sneem, County Kerry.
When you arrive; by car, foot or bicycle, prepare to be pampered from the outset, with tea, coffee and homemade baking to greet your arrival. From start to finish your comfort is our top priority. With twenty eight years of hospitality experience, we really know how to make our guests comfortable and feel at home.
Our guest bedrooms are warm and very comfortably appointed with en suite facilities, including power showers, and complimentary toiletries. All the guest rooms are downstairs, so are easily accessible, and all have beautiful views over our farm and the surrounding glorious countryside and mountains.
With our home set on the Ring of Kerry Road, and beside the Kerry Way Walking Route, we can offer a tranquil but not isolated base for walkers. We are happy to organize the drying of your equipment if required.
We can also prepare packed lunches and arrange luggage transfer for walkers on the Kerry Way and cyclists.
Trips to Skellig Islands can also be arranged.
Once settle in you can stroll around the farm and enjoy a tranquil sit beside our lake, you can play tennis on our hard tennis court, or you can try your hand at the ancient Irish skill of turf cutting here on the farm.
In the evening, if you don't want the 10 minute walk or 2 minute drive into the thriving village of Sneem, we will happily drive you there ourselves, and collect you later in the evening when you have had a chance to sample your choice of the delights of Sneem's pubs, restaurants, cafes and takeaway. Alternatively spend the evening in our guest's lounge, where you can watch satellite television or curl up in front of the turf fire and read a book, and perhaps enjoy one of our special Irish coffees. Then enjoy a restful sleep and, on rising, a wonderful breakfast of your choice from a wide selection, including full Irish (with locally sourced produce and free range eggs), home made bread, Mary's famous whiskey porridge, cereal, fruit and yoghurt, or cold meats and cheese.
All this, and much more, adds up to why our motto is, "One night is never enough," and why we have a special offer of a 3 night stay or longer at a 10% discount.
Take a look at some of our reviews and you will see why Derryeast Farmhouse is the place to stay while you enjoy the delights of Sneem and its surrounding mountains and beaches.
Derryeast Farmhouse is an ideal place to stay for all ages and physical abilities, but is particularly suited to those seeking a haven of comfort and tranquility, for rest and recuperation, for time out from a hectic lifestyle, or for a welcoming and relaxing base whilst exploring Sneem and the Ring of Kerry area.
Activities: We offer on site:
• A hard tennis court
• Excellent walks without going onto the public road, with the Kerry Way passing alongside the farm
• We are also an ideal starting point for two new marked puplic national trails loop walks
• Turf Cutting demonstrations, and the chance to try for yourself
• Therapeutic Massage Treatments available (hostess Mary Teahan is a qualified masseuse)
• Guided Local Tours and information (host John Teahan is knowledgeable and can advise you)
There is so much to do in and around Sneem you only problem will be fitting everything in!
• Golf - there are three excellent courses within easy reach, all of which welcome visiting players
• Walking - there are two new loop walks around Sneem, together with the Kerry Way - or just stroll down to the Sneem Pier, or wander round the charming village shops, pubs and cafes which encircle the two picturesque greens.
• Cycling - we are situated on the Ring of Kerry Cycle Route, and there are plenty of local country lanes to explore. Bicycles can be hired in the village.
• Watersports - Sneem Harbour, Oysterbed Pier and the waters of the Kenmare Bay provide a fabulous location for sailing, sailboarding, water skiing and diving. With easy access to slipways you can bring your own boat. you can take a guided sightseeing trip to spot seals, dolphins, mine wales and many types of sea birds, or take an escorted sea fishing trip for mackerel, pollock, ray, conger, hues, ling, cod or whiting. If you prefer not to take to the water, may of these can be caught from shore.
• Safe swimming and sandy beaches are to be found nearby at the White Strand, or try surfing or horse riding on the magnificent Derrynane Beach.
• Traditional Music can be enjoyed most evenings at one or other of the village pubs. Lubricate your vocal chords with a perfectly poured Guiness - and don't forget we offer a complimentary drive home.
• Art - visit the family run Brushwood Art Gallery situated 5kms (3miles) from Sneem village on the Kenmare road. A 30 minute walk off-road on the Kerry Way from Sneem.
• Take a drive or guided tour round the Ring of Kerry for a day of sights and views you will never forget.
How to find us:
Derryeast is situated on the Ring of Kerry road just a minute by car to the west of Sneem Village.
From Dublin 297 kms - Limerick 125 kms - Cork 98 kms - Tralee 78 kms- Killarney 46 kms- Kenmare 21kms
Nearest Airport - Kerry (Farranfore) 60 kms
Nearest Train and Bus station - Killarney 46kms
A one night stay with Bed and Breakfast starts from € 30.oo per person sharing.
Longer stay packages are available.
To find out more, or to make a reservation, please call Mary or John Teahan on
International tel: 00353 - 64 - 6645193
Mobile: 087 2871205
We love to discuss your requirements and tailor a stay to suit you.
Alternatively you can email us on email@example.com
We pride ourselves on the personal touches that made your visit extra special. Don't forget that you are always welcome back because, "One night is never enough at Derryeast!"
Contact Mary or John Teahan - Derryeast Farmhouse - Sneem - Co. Kerry
Telephone 064-6645193 --- International tel: 00353 - 64 - 6645193 ---- Mobile: 087 2871205
BACK TO GUEST HOUSES & BED AND BREAKFAST INDEX
BACK TO ACCOMMODATION INDEX - BACK TO MAIN INDEX